If your old spa needs lots of equipment repairs and your spa shell is still in good condition an equipment upgrade is an economical way to extend the life of your spa. Your old equipment (spa pack) is taken out and replaced with new spa side controls, control box, heater, pump, blower, and light. Spa equipment upgrades can be done on either portable spas (spa equipment is contained inside the spa cabinet) or inground spa systems (outdoor equipment). Spa packs come in lots of sizes and configurations and can be retrofitted to just about any spa.
PNEUMATIC (AIR BUTTON) EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS FOR PORTABLE SPAS
If your spa currently uses air buttons to control the functions of your tub the Pinnacle Model 10 Control System may be the right replacement choice for your current equipment. Individual components on pneumatic systems cost less then digital systems and are more forgiving to voltage spikes, lightning strikes, and moisture infiltration. The system has the ability to set multiple on / off times for the filtration cycle with a 24 hour clock. The filter cycles and heat are controlled directly on the control box (the heat must be set down below in the equipment cabinet).
- Pump may face either left or right.
- Models to fit all applications, up to 2 pumps, 120V or 240V, up to 20A
- Units can control 120V air blowers, up to 2.0 HP (1.0 HP comes standard)
- Specific access switching, one air button for each controlled component.
- "Heater On" light, indicates power to heater element.
- "High Limit Tripped" light.
- Heater mode selector switch.
- All units have a 120V ozone receptacle.
- Pressure switch protection of heater.
INCLUDED IN EVERY PACKAGE
- 1-Light kit which includes light body, two lenses, and bulb.
- 1-Tailpiece, 2"MBT x 2"S.
- Air buttons & tubing - one for each switched controlled component.
- 1-Pump inlet union assembly & heater to pump union assembly.
- Operation manual.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS FOR PORTABLE SPAS
Digital equipment systems use solid state microprocessors and digital electronic touch pads to control the operation of the spa system. These systems are the latest in spa technology and allow you to control the temperature setting from the touch pad. These systems feature automatic filter timing, freeze protection, and equipment status information.
The system pictured below (Hydro Quip CS9200-U-HC) is one of our most popular digital spa pack replacements.
- Compact 9000 size.
- Eco-2 spaside control with pump key, auxiliary key, light key, temperature set key, freeze protection, filter cycle, and system status messages.
- 2 Speed pump circuit.
- Blower circuit.
- Ozone circuit.
- Heater ON light.
- 5.5kw heater with stainless steel housing.
- 12 Volt light.
- 2 Speed pump.
- Portable spa blower.
DIGITAL EQUIPMENT SYSTEMS FOR INGROUND SPAS
The Hydro Quip 8000 series outdoor digital spa equipment system has been the work horse for Hot Tub Specialists inground spa replacement systems.
- Outdoor Weathertight Construction.
- For Inground or Above Ground Installations.
- Electric or Gas Heater*.
- Corrosion Resistant Mounting Base (Skid).
- Self Contained Construction (no remote sensors).
- "High-Flow" Stainless Steel Heater Housing.
- 5.5/11.0 kW Heater Sizes.
- Spa Light Ready.
- Ozone/Sanitizer Ready.
- Available with Sta-Rite Dyna-Glas 2 Speed Pump w/ Trap or Sta-Rite Dyna-Jet 2 Speed Pump w/o Trap.
- System Power Control Switch.
- Silent Series Air Blower.
- Weathertight Component Connections.
- 2" Union Plumbing Connections.
- Easy Electrical Access.
- Installation and Operation Guide.
- UL / ETL Listed.
* GAS HEATERS MUST BE INSTALLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE MANUFACTURERS INSTRUCTIONS.
- Fully Programmable Electronic Operation.
- Integrated Freeze Protection.
- Permanent Memory.
- Security Panel Lock-Out.
- Backlit LCD Display for Easy Day / Night Viewing.
- All Operations Performed from Spaside Control.
- Diagnostic Errors Displayed.
- Temperature Display in ºF or ºC.
- Fully Detailed Operation Guide.
CONTROL OPTIONS INCLUDE:
- Auxiliary Spaside Remote Control Panel.
- In-House Remote Control Panels (Decorator White Housing).
- Outdoor Remote Control Panels.
- Hand-Held Infrared Remote Control for Maximum Convenience.
- pH Sensor.
- Remote Infrared Sensors.
The examples above represent just a few solutions to upgrade spa equipment. The equipment that we would recommend for your is based on your existing equipment, number of jets in the spa ,and the size of the spa cabinet. Please give us a call at 631-724-2700 to discuss your specific requirements.