Ozone has repeatedly been proven to purify and sanitize pool and spa water faster and more effectively than traditional chemical methods. With ozone, water is treated up to three thousand times faster without undesirable by-products such as chloramines and bromamines (created by use of traditional chlorine and bromine chemicals) - Ozone's primary by-product is life-giving OXYGEN!
- Reduce traditional chemical (chlorine/bromine) use 60%-90%.
- Reduce handling and storage of unsafe chemicals.
- Eliminate constant repurchase of chemicals.
- Eliminate red, irritated eyes.
- Eliminate dry, itchy skin.
- Eliminate costly replacement of faded swimwear.
- Eliminate foul chlorine/chloramine odors.
- Eliminate foaming/"bathtub ring".
- Ozone is considered to be the most effective disinfecting method for maintaining water quality.
- In spas, ozone destroys bacteria and inactivates viruses. It also oxidizes oils and contaminants, which aids in filtration and improves water clarity.
- Ozone is also pH neutral - so itís easier to keep your pH in balance.
- Bromine use is minimized and becomes a backup sanitizer system.
- Ozone reduces maintenance, protects equipment and lowers operating costs.
- Ozone is created from either Corona Discharge or Ultra Violet light and is introduced into the spa when the low speed mode of the pump goes on. Oxygen molecules (O2) are split into individual oxygen atoms (O1). Atomic oxygen is very unstable so it combines with other oxygen molecules in the air stream to form O3, which is ozone. The Ozone disinfects the spa and quickly reverts back to common oxygen.
SpaECLIPSE Corona Discharge Spa OzonatorThe newest member of the ECLIPSE product line, the SpaECLIPSE is the first Corona Discharge ozone generator for residential spas available through distribution. In addition to the advantages of Corona Discharge ozone technology, the SpaECLIPSE saves money because the Corona Discharge chip uses less energy (no lamp, ballast, or starter) than an ultraviolet generator and costs less to replace.
The SpaECLIPSE uses solid state electronics to eliminate voltage spikes that can upset spa-pack electronics or trip the G.F.C.I. Finally, water backup into the SpaECLIPSE will not harm the unit or trip the spa's G.F.C.I.
SpaECLIPSE Unit Specifications
110/120V, 90mA, 11W, 60Hz
220/240V, 90mA, 22W, 60Hz
Cabinet: Molded Plastic Enclosure
5"W x 6"H x 2.5"D
Warranty: One Year
Single CD Chip: All CD chips rated for 9,000 hours of operation.
Components: SpaECLIPSE CD ozone generator, ozone supply tubing, ozone supply check valve, mounting screws, installation manual with water chemistry guide.